AMAZING LIFE!!!- WE MEET PEOPLE, THEN START THE FRIENDSHIP…WE LEARN TO LOVE..THEN FEEL THE PAIN OF LETTING GO...WE MOVE ON...WE SMILE..WE CRY..WE LAUGH..WE SHOUT…LIFE'S EVENTS ARE FULL OF SPICES. BUT WITH ALL THESE LIFE'S SPICES, THERE'S NO MORE SWEETER THAN FINDING THE PERFECT SPICE GOD HAS CREATED FOR US.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

FAITH AND LOVE

Faith and Love

This was posted at my friendster blog last February 8, 2009. Almost two years ago, but I find it helpful to still look back and praise God for guiding us, and never really leaves us during one of the hardest times in our lives. Looking back at this time gives me strength everytime I feel things are not going well. Two years have passed. Things are not happening as what we planned to be. However, we are very thankful, that despite all the odds, my husband and I are blessed with strong love for each other and strong faith to God. Still, life is not easy. But, with all the hardships that we have gone through, we always find relief from a smile and a hug from each other, and realize God is just there and leading us to where we are supposed to be.



February 8th, 2009
“How are you?” , a friend asked.
” I’m ok, but sad. We just lost something.” I replied
The word for times like this is “strength”. Lots have been hit and are still being hit by economic fall down. It isn’t just in the political arena, but it has arrived at the doors of some families. I heard friends with parents, husbands,wives, and relatives lost their jobs here in the US, in the Philippines and around the globe.It is easy to lose hope, be in depression, dwell into loneliness and totally surrender and stop believing things will be better. It is normal to be sad, look at the dark side, have a negative perspective- but that’s just have to be a short phase to go through. We got to kick our butt, and be on our feet again- standing…fighting…surviving…

Fight! Go to the Mattresses! Gather strength and not worry much.

I have to say this to myself.

We know, this crisis will stay for months as things really never get better, and economy is getting worse. It is not easy to pull strings when pressure is going into the opposite direction. But that’s just what we gotta do. Survive. Pull the strings. It is harder “here” for we got no family to support us. We just have to depend on ourselves.

Where do we get the strength now?

We have no one to lean on but- HIM…

Heartbroken, planning where to put the things we’re about to move out from the truck, I saw these phrases from the “book” on one of our shelves-

“You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.” (Psalm 32:7-8)


“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. “(Psalm 46:1-3)


“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. “(Isaiah 41:10)


“It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. “(Deuteronomy 31:8)

Looking at the phrases, I realized God has just given me the answer to my question. Our strength will be from Him. We aren’t alone anyway.

It won’t be an easy path to changes. A door has been closed, we were kicked out, we are heartbroken, we’re gonna miss things we used to do, we might be very sad for not accomplishing things we wanted to do with what we used to have. But we should not fear, for this is an opportunity to see the world,try different things, learn something new, and knock into a new promising door.

We still believe, God is in control of our lives. Directing us to accomplish what we ought to do- our purpose.
I spoke to Him. and He spoke to me. And I realize, at times like this, we gotta think this way…..

” Faith makes all things possible…love makes things easy…

Though it’s a hard life, we (my husband and I) find comfort in each other’s love under God’s loving guidance.:)
love makes things easier:)