AMAZING LIFE!!!- WE MEET PEOPLE, THEN START THE FRIENDSHIP…WE LEARN TO LOVE..THEN FEEL THE PAIN OF LETTING GO...WE MOVE ON...WE SMILE..WE CRY..WE LAUGH..WE SHOUT…LIFE'S EVENTS ARE FULL OF SPICES. BUT WITH ALL THESE LIFE'S SPICES, THERE'S NO MORE SWEETER THAN FINDING THE PERFECT SPICE GOD HAS CREATED FOR US.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

FISHING

Fishing…

This was posted at my friendster blog on February 18, 2009.

I went to the public library today and found this book entitled “Schools of Fish”. The moment I saw it, I remembered another book I read months ago entitled “Fish for Life”. Then, I told myself, ” Hmmm, not bad if I go and try “fishing” again.:) ”



I love fish. But I haven’t eaten fish for many months now (since I got here in a “different world”). Quite ironic, coz I just live by the water,hmmm, literally, on the water :), but never even tried getting a fish and enjoy it. Hmm, that made me think and plan for having a fish dish one of these days!

But right now, the thought of a “fish” has just struck me. It made me smile and be inspired. I remember the “FISH PHILOSOPHY” which I had been practicing when I was in my home country- in my life there and in the school where I worked. I have forgotten it for a while. It will be nice to remember it and start “fishing” again. Life is always happy when “fishing”! How????

There are four practices:
* Be There
* Play
* Make Their Day
* Choose Your Attitude

Be There- In times like this, when recession is full-blown, it’s a great relief to know someone is just there for you to lend a hand, lend a shoulder, and just care. I’ll go fishing.I’ll just be there- for myself, for my hany, for our marriage.:)

Play- The element of fun should never diminish. That makes life a wonderful thing to celebrate:) Even though, sometimes, we get lost in our thoughts, and future seems to be so uncertain, we still can afford to play, sing, laugh and have fun.

Make Their Day- Sometimes, when life hits a hard blow on you, your perspective never gets too wide. It’s all on you, and all you see in the mirror is yourself. You forget others. And you become so pessimistic of the world around you. Which that shouldnt be! So still, it would be nice to make one’s day, make someone smile by extending an effort of doing something for them. Giving a nice comment to a friend or even to a stranger you bump in the street. Being helpful and thoughtful really makes a difference in one’s life, and it’s a chain that just goes around.:)

Choose Your Attitude- We cannot change the unfortunate events, but we can change the attitude that goes with it. Who would want to live in the dark for so long? We all wanna be happy, and the path to happiness is be optimistic, yet realistic:) “Snap it out!”

Fish Philosophy started with fish flying in one of the Fish Market. Employees and Fishmongers were happy doing it. That makes “fishing” fun. And having this philosophy applied in our lives is worth trying:)